A tour that combines the passion for opera music with exclusive opera evenings at he Teatro Regio di Parma during the Festival Verdi, visiting the city, Italian Capital of Clture 2020+21 and its many art masterpieces and charming old town. Then the tour touches Verdi’s Land, Busseto, Roncole and Sant’Agata, where Maestro Verdi was born, lived and cultivated his talent; then the Duchy of Parma and Piacenza with its enchanting fortresses and castles.
3 days / 2 nights. Validity: September 24 - October 17, 2021
This tour is the ideal tour for all music lovers and fans of Giuseppe Verdi. The Festival is a wonderful opportunity to discover the art beauties and the great heritage of fortresses and castles of this area rich in history.
The tour foresees:
Services on request:
transfers, guided visits, entrance fees to the monuments, cancellation and medical insurance, not included meals, tourist tax.
Safety protocols observed by our selected suppliers for this itinerary are available on request.
A tour following the passion for opera music and for Maestro Giuseppe Verdi, discovering the “Petite Capitale” with its artistic soul and Verdi’s and Duchy’s lands, territories full of fortresses and castles with an important history.
Arrival and visit to the old-town of Parma: Cathedral, Baptistery, Farnese Theatre and the Casa Natale Arturo Toscanini(house where Toscanini was born). Lunch at leisure in a downtown restaurant featuring local Parma cuisine. Afternoon: free for personal leisure or guided visit to the ancient food shops in Parma city centre with the possibility of a tasting session of typical products: Parmigiano-Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma (Parma Ham), Culatello di Zibello, Colli di Parma wines. Representation of an opera or concert at the Teatro Regio in Parma. Dinner in restaurant in Parma, before or after theatre. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Breakfast and leave for Verdi Homeland: Roncole Verdi, Sant’Agata and Busseto, the house where he was born, Villa Verdi in Sant'agata, Teatro Verdi and Casa Barezzi Museum. Lunch at leisure in Busseto. Afternoon: visit to the National Giuseppe Verdi Museum inside Villa Pallavicino and to the Renata Tebaldi Museum. Back to Parma and dinner at leisure before or after theatre. Representation of an opera or concert at the Teatro Regio di Parma. Return and overnight stay at hotel.
Breakfast and check-out.
Now, customize Your tour! Ask us one of our proposals to enrich Your tour:
- Special visits to theatre's backstages that include tailoring, the set design room, the practice room, the dressing rooms and the stage;
- Deep inside food experience, just ask us the many opportunities we can offer you, let’s say Culatello di Zibello experience in the Land of Verdi? Or Prosciutto di Parma and Parmigiano Reggiano experience round and about rolling hills and intriguing castles? Or Traditional Balsamic Vinegar full testing discovering authentic country houses? Or an itinerant amusing tasting tour in the heart of Parma, trying some of the best street food shops or bistrot.
- Exclusive organ music concerts with music promenade;
- Pre or post opera gala dinners;
- Visit to the Franco Maria Ricci Labyrinth, the largest in existence, entirely made up of bamboo plants, and the Franco Maria Ricci art and book collection;
- Visits to amazing castles;
-Visits to beautiful nearby art and music cities.