You will taste the typical cuisine of the mountain, with all it flavours, in many restaurants and farm houses of Borgotaro area. Harvest the delicious Porcino Mushroom and learn how to cook it!
2 days/1 night
This tour is perfect for people who love food as mountains as well
transfers, entrance fee to monuments, tips, extras and everything not expressively written under “The price includes”.
Starting from € 255,00 per person in double room for min. 2 people, in farm-house near Borgotaro
For groups: please ask for a tailor-made quotation
Arrival at the farm-house with your own car, a corner of tranquility immersed in the nature of the upper Val Taro. Accommodation in the rooms and meeting with an English speaking assistant / environmental-excursion guide for the presentation of the area and its food and wine excellences (mushrooms, cold cuts, cheeses, meats) with particular attention to the Porcino Mushroom PGI. Dinner in the farmhouse with typical dishes and overnight.
After a delicious breakfast at the farm-house, a full day dedicated to the search for Porcino mushroom PGI accompanied by an English speaking environmental-excursion guide. Packed lunch based on typical local products. Return to the farm-house in the afternoon and mini-course focused on the use of the mushrooms in your receipts, held by an English speaking chef graduated from the prestigious International School of Italian Cuisine ALMA.
- Opportunity to visit a cheese farm and possibility of making cheese together with the cheese maker
- Possibility of excursion with environmental-excursion guide in search of Truffle
- Cooking class to learn the typical local dishes (homemade pasta, tortelli di erbetta, potato cake, cake of herbs, etc.)
- Possibility of using pedal assisted bicycles to enjoy the view and panoramas
- Opportunities for mountain biking in the woods and along the slopes of the Val Taro